How to fix JIT debugger "Visual studio is not registered to be notified when an unhandled exception occurs in a native application"

Viewed 246

Windows 11

This message is displayed when vsjitdebugger.exe is executed "Visual studio is not registered to be notified when an unhandled exception occurs in a native application"

One way for me to produce that message is in a command line window. Run vsjitdebugger notepad.exe.

This isn't what I'm actually trying to debug! Its just a simple example. My final goal is to be able to use the Image File Execution Options register to debug my executable whenever it is executed.

I have run vsjitdebugger /regserver

I have repaired the install.

I have updated to the latest version. Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2019 Version 16.11.10

In the registry entry Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug I have created the DWORD value Auto and set it to 1.

And the same for Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug

In the registry entry Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting I have created the DWORD value Disabled and set it to 1.

And I'm still getting the same error message.

Does anyone have another solution?

0 Answers
Related