Introduction
Greetings, I have looked at some similar questions that are on this platform and none of them seem to match my problem or maybe I missed something but I will try my best to give it a try because I am new in this platform.
OverView
This audio app maps the keyboard keys to audio samples.
Problem
There is a audio delay when pressing the keys rapidly and after each press the sample sound keeps playing for 4 to 6 second before it calls another sound and doesn't kill the sound immediately after the keyboard button is released.
Code
This is what I tried:
const dump = console.log.bind(console);
const sample = new Object
({
drum: "/samples/drums/trance01/BD_Trance.wav",
clap: "/samples/drums/trance01/Clap_trance.wav",
});
const keymap = new Object
({
"KeyD": "drum",
"KeyC": "clap",
});
Object.keys(sample).forEach((smpl)=>
{
let node = document.createElement("audio");
node.id = (smpl+"Sample");
node.className = "instrument";
node.src = sample[smpl];
document.body.appendChild(node);
});
document.body.addEventListener("keydown", function keyListener(event)
{
event.preventDefault(); // kill it
event.stopPropagation(); // seal it's ashes in a capsule
event.stopImmediatePropagation(); // and hurl it into the sun!
let key = event.code;
// console.log("pressed: "+key);
let tgt = keymap[key];
if (!tgt){ dump(key+" - is unused"); return };
var intervalID = setInterval(myCallback, 500, 'Parameter 1', 'Parameter 2');
function myCallback(a, b)
{
let nde = document.getElementById(tgt+"Sample");
nde.play();
dump("play: "+tgt);
}
});