Chrome Dev Tools Elements Tab stopped working (can't right click any DOM Node and hover over Dom Node doesnt highlight anything)

Viewed 5091

In the Elements Tab of Chrome Dev Tools I can't right click any DOM Node anymore. I'm talking about the following menu that right click usually opens:
enter image description here

Furtheremore usually if you hover over DOM Nodes in the Elements Tab, the actual element on the website will be highlighted. This also doesnt work anymore. I have to explicitly left click the DOM Node and only then the element on the website will be highlighted. Before that it would work even just on hover.

enter image description here

I tried restarting my Browser and resetting Preferences of Dev Tools to default. Nothing works.

6 Answers

Not sure if this will work for anyone else, but when I zoomed in on the Elements Tab (ctrl + mouse scroll wheel) right click began working again.

Zoom in and zoom out with ctrl + "-/+" or ctrl + scroll_wheel till you cross the 100% line, make sure you zoom in and zoom out all the way.

In this Google support post suggest to reinstall Chrome.

You can also use the small three dots ... at the left if this didn't fix the problem.

Zoomed-in on the Elements Tab (ctrl + mouse scroll wheel)or(ctrl+0) right click began working again.

So I have identified that if the zoom percent is less that 100% and code in the Elements tab goes passed the end of the Elements display area and creates a scrollbar to scroll down the code (overflow), then right clicking code to display menu options becomes disabled (see screenshots). The only way to get the menu to appear is by clicking the three dots on the left of the element line item or zooming in to 100% or more. https://i.stack.imgur.com/5H29U.png

Zoomed-in on the Elements Tab began working again.

ctrl+0 can zoomed-in to 100%

After confirmation, this function can only work if it is above 100%

Related