I'm working on a project contained in a local network. I need to provide access to a web interface within the LAN from outside. Naturally I have setup a proxy and managed to access the interface.
The problem is that the interface uses a web socket to connect to a service and I can't find the good configuration.
Some details :
- I don't have control of the web interface port
- The websocket is a secure one (wss)
- Required modules are loaded (proxy, wstunnel)
Here is my httpd
Listen IP:443
<VirtualHost *:443>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Upgrade} websocket [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Connection} pgrade [NC]
RewriteRule .* wss://backendHostname:PORT/UI$1 [P,L]
SSLProxyEngine On
SSLProxyCheckPeerCN Off
SSLProxyCheckPeerName Off
SSLProxyVerify none
ProxyPreserveHost On
ProxyPass / https://backendHostname:PORT/
ProxyPassReverse / https://backendHostname:PORT/
ProxyRequests off
SSLEngine on
SSLCertificateFile /etc/pki/httpd/httpd.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/pki/httpd/httpd.key
</VirtualHost>
I used the Rewrite rule to proxy the websocket but I still get this error
Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at wss://ProxyIP/UI_WebSocket?ulc=&size=1920x930&lang=en-US
If anyone got ideas to correctly proxy the websocket