I am picking files stored in iOS file and folder app using file_picker. When running, android asked for storage permission but on iOS, there is no permission asked and I am able to pick files from the file and folder app.
Is there a way to make sure to ask for permission for iOS or no need to ask for permission for this case?
If we can ask for permission, which permission is it?
As my understanding, if there is any permission needed (eg, for camera, NSCameraUsageDescription is needed) and if I don't give the permission in plist, the app will break.
Right now there is no permission added in plist for files and folders app access and the app didn't break either.
The following is my code using file_picker package.
final result = await FilePicker.platform.pickFiles(
withData: true,
allowedExtensions: ['pdf', 'doc', 'docx'],
type: FileType.custom,
allowMultiple: true,
);
I already tried with permission_handler. In the package's doc, it says to use Permission.storage but when I debug with this, the permission seems to have already granted.
Thanks in advance.