I am having a hard time getting the pipenv install and pipenv shell commands to work when using Git Bash for Windows 10. When using powershell, I am able to successfully create a new virtual environment and use pipenv shell to enter the environment, but when using bash, nothing happens and it just proceeds to go to a flashing prompt.
Bash recognizes other commands like pip list, but pipenv doesn't seem to be working for me. I am very new to all of this so I may be missing something obvious, but I have searched for this issue to the best of my ability and even went through the pipenv documentation.
My software versions are:
- Windows 10 Home 21H1
- git version 2.35.1
- bash version 4.4.23
- Python 3.10.2
Update: So I feel like an idiot, but am still left with a question. I have been fooling with this since yesterday and after posting, I remembered when I had installed a virtual environment using venv using the command 'python -m venv', so I tried running 'python -m pipenv install' and it worked. I also have to use 'python -m pipenv shell' to launch the shell.
Why do I have to do this? Every tutorial I've watched on setting up my environment and installing pipenv has just used pipenv install/shell.