What do the 502 errors coming from /_ah/api/discovery/v1/apis mean?

Viewed 79

I'm running a Django application on Google App Engine and I noticed logs coming from /_ah/api/discovery/v1/apis that result in a 502 The Log Does anyone know what this means and where it comes from? I can not find anything about fuzzing in the GAE docs.

1 Answers

Reviewing for information about the error message, I found that Cloud Endpoints v1 is no longer supported and was shut down on August 2, 2018.

As recommended, here is the link to Migrating to Cloud Endpoints Frameworks version 2.0.

In the case of the 502 error code, App Engine may take a few minutes to reply to queries satisfactorily. If you send a request and receive an HTTP 502 response, wait a minute and try again.

App Engine terminated the program because it ran out of memory, according to an error code 502 with BAD GATEWAY in the message. Only 600MB of memory is available for the application container in the basic App Engine flexible VM.

If the error message was regarding a bad gateway, here is how to troubleshoot the 502 error code.

Related