Sorry to bother, I'm having a trouble passing and ID to my AJAX function.
I wanted to pass the ID of the selected table row to my AJAX function and use it for my query in my controller
this is the code for my table row
<div class="container">
<h2 style="margin-top: 12px;" class="alert alert-success">Details</h2><br>
<div class="row">
<div class="col-12">
<table class="table table-bordered" id="">
<thead>
<tr>
<th>Id</th>
<th>Name</th>
<th>Email</th>
<td colspan="2">Action</td>
</tr>
</thead>
<tbody id="users-crud">
@foreach($merchants as $merchant)
<tr id="user_id_{{ $merchant->id }}">
<td>{{ $merchant->id}}</td>
<td>{{ $merchant->first_name }}</td>
<td>{{ $merchant->email }}</td>
<td><a id="getData" onClick="getData({{$merchant->id}})" class="btn btn-info">Show</a>
</td>
</tr>
@endforeach
</tbody>
</table>
{{ $merchants->links() }}
</div>
</div>
</div>
upon click show ID should pass it to my AJAX function, this is the code of the script
<script type=text/javascript>
$(document).ready(function() {
});
function getData(id){
$('#myModal').modal('show');
$.ajax({ //create an ajax request to display.php
type: "GET",
url: "getproducts/",
// dataType: 'json',
data: {id: id}, // This will be {id: "1234"}
success: function (data) {
$("#id").html(data.id);
$("#first_name").text(data.first_name);
}
});
};
</script>
And ID will be use for my query in my controller, this is my controller's code, note that the number 1 in my where query is hard coded, I wanted to put the ID that I get from the selected table
public function getproducts()
{
$merchants = DB::table('merchants')
->select('merchants.*', 'product.product_name as product_names')
->join('product','product.id','=','merchants.id')
// THE NUMBER 1 IS HARD CODED
->where('merchants.id', 1)
->paginate(8);
return response()->json($test, 200);
}
