I have a use case in which I have to perform authorization part only. JWT token is getting generated by another service. My service will only consume that token which will have data in it's custom claim. In my spring boot application, I just want to verify that token if it's valid or not before allowing users to access any API. In all answers I can see one Authentication object is created from current Security context. Is there any way in spring in which I don't need to write so much unnecessary code in Custom Filter and just write the logic to parse JWT token and if it is valid, then allow user to API or else send unauthorized response?
Auth0 Java JWT provides few methods to verify JWT token. I want to validate and parse using code like below
Algorithm algorithm = Algorithm.HMAC256(secret);
JWTVerifier verifier = JWT.require(algorithm).withIssuer(issuer).build();
DecodedJWT decoded = verifier.verify(token);