So I have basically build a program that detects and maps the positions of NBA players on the court. 
Here is an example of it working. My algorithm works good when the camera movement is not to fast. But since the player movement is fast in transition and the camera follows it. The picture quality is bad/blurry. SIFT has problems detecting and matching keypoints. I am looking for an algorithm or approach that would try to fix the outlier points that happen with those sudden transitions during the game but not change the ones recorded when the players are on the either side of the flor since they are correct. This can be done either during or in post processing. But I am struggling to find a good solution that would match the above mentioned criteria.
The points can be fixed in any way may it be fixing the recorded coordinates. Or by making the detection better.