I am working on a filter for a post grid in Wordpress with ajax.
It's fundamentally working as a whole, but I'm trying to filter using multiple taxonomies. But instead of it combining the taxonomies to refine the search such as posts tagged with 'a' AND 'b'
It's just showing all posts with the tag 'a' and with the tag 'b'
$args = array(
'post_type' => 'projects',
'orderby' => 'date', // we will sort posts by date
'order' => $_POST['date'] // ASC or DESC
);
if( isset($_POST['multi_subject']) && !empty($_POST['multi_subject']) ) {
$args['tax_query'] = array(
array(
'taxonomy' => 'category',
'field' => 'id',
'terms' => $_POST['multi_subject']
)
);
}
if( isset($_POST['multi_style']) && !empty($_POST['multi_style']) ) {
$args['tax_query'] = array(
array(
'taxonomy' => 'styles',
'field' => 'id',
'terms' => $_POST['multi_style']
)
);
}
$query = new WP_Query( $args );
if( $query->have_posts() ) :
while( $query->have_posts() ): $query->the_post();
echo '<a href="'. get_permalink() .'" data-author="'. get_the_author() .'" data-tier="'. get_author_role() .'">';
echo '<h2>' . $query->post->post_title . '</h2>';
echo '<div>'. the_post_thumbnail() .'</div>';
echo '</a>';
endwhile;
wp_reset_postdata();
else :
echo 'No posts found';
endif;
die();
I'm sure it's something simple to do with the isset then setting the args but I can't figure it out.