I would like to paint ellipses over an image when clicking the mouse, and when I press the keyboard, hide and show the underneath image alternatively, without cleaning the ellipses.
I'm using createGraphics() to store the image data, and remove() so when the keyboard is pressed I spect the image disappear but it doesn't work
Here is a sketch of what I trying to do:
let isMouseBeeingPressed = false;
let img;
let isShow = true
let bufferImg;
function preload() {
img = loadImage(
"https://images.pexels.com/photos/20787/pexels-photo.jpg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&dpr=1&w=500"
);
}
function setup() {
createCanvas(500, 500);
background(255);
loadImageBuffer();
}
function loadImageBuffer() {
bufferImg = createGraphics(400, 400);
bufferImg.image(img, 0, 0);
image(bufferImg, 0, 0);
}
function draw() {
if(isMouseBeeingPressed) {
stroke(0, 0, 0, 50);
fill(255);
ellipse(mouseX, mouseY, 20);
}
}
function keyPressed() {
if(isShow) {
bufferImg.remove();
} else {
image(bufferImg, 0, 0);
}
console.log('isShow:', isShow);
return isShow = !isShow;
}
function mousePressed() {
isMouseBeeingPressed = true;
}
function mouseReleased() {
isMouseBeeingPressed = false;
}
<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/p5.js/1.4.0/p5.min.js"></script>
Any idea of how to achieve this?