A few months ago I played around with AWS CDK and so I of course did the cdk bootstrap.
At that time I stopped playing around and thought I'd never use it again. Having a kind of neatly attitude in this kind of things (and missing an undo or delete option being delivered with the cdk itself :/ ) I deleted all cdk objects from my account.
Or at least I thought so, because now (starting to play around again), calling cdk bootstrap does "nothing":
ā Environment aws://xxxxxxxxx/eu-central-1 bootstrapped (no changes).
But trying to cdk deploy gives me:
fail: No bucket named 'cdk-XXXXXXXXXXX-eu-central-1'. Is account XXXXXXXXXXXX bootstrapped?
Well yes right...I don't have any buckets at all at the moment.
Is there a way to cdk bootstrap --force that I'am missing? Is there a list of all objects I should have deleted? I find a lot suggestions for people having problems with their stacks, but I have no idea how to fix this.
Edit: I just "solved" the problem, by creating a bucket with the given cryptic name...but that doesn't feel right. So I leave this Question open, to see if there is a better way to do it.