After setting up my own domain on Github Pages, I get an InvalidDNSError

Viewed 1738

Phenomena

After setting up my own domain on Github Pages, I get an InvalidDNSError. The following message will appear

"Both www.example.work and its alternate name are improperly configured Domain's DNS record could not be retrieved. For more information, see Learn more (InvalidDNSError). We recommend you change this to a CNAME record pointing to username.github.io."

Expected value

I want to publish a website using github pages on my own domain.

2 Answers

You need to change your domain DNS to CNAME and try again. enter image description here

as a Name you type www and in the target URL form, GitHub link.

From your question, I assume that you are added www.example.work as custom domain in the github pages section and you might be missed the DNS settings part.

After adding custom domain in github pages, you need to setup a CNAME and 4 A record under the DNS settings of you custom domain.

enter image description here

you can find the detailed steps here in the official documentation of github.

Related