Using the excellent answer gnuplot - Read Double Quoted datetime stamp I have been able to plot my time series data.
I now trying to indicate weekends (or interesting timeblocks) my plot and set visible xrange to be 31/1 to 28/2
Weekends in Feb this year were 2/5/22 to 2/6/22 and 2/12/22 to 2/13/22 etc - how could I draw a vertical column and shade to indicate weekend or other interesting timeseries blocks? I looked at trying to plot a rectangle using timeseries points, ie weekend1, but I was unable to fill that shape. Then I tried to draw a rectangle, but could not work out how to specify the corners in the timeseries format to display it.
Since my x axis is a timeseries
- How could I indicate all weekends in the diagram - kind of like in a calendar or timesheet?
- How do I define the xrange to be 1/31/22 to 2/28/22?
reset session
set datafile separator comma
myTimeFmt = "%m/%d/%y, %H:%M %p"
set format x "%d" time
#
# Gives error all points y value undefined!
#
# set xrange ["1/31/22, 12:01 AM":"2/28/22, 11:59 PM"] #
#
# Trying to draw a series to fill to indicate a weekend range - vertically
#
$weekend1 <<EOD
"2/5/22, 12:01 AM",0
"2/5/22, 12:01 AM",600
"2/6/22, 11:59 PM",600
"2/6/22, 11:59 PM",0
EOD
$account <<EOD
"1/31/22, 5:07 PM",1
"1/31/22, 8:01 PM",100
"2/1/22, 11:10 AM",200
"2/6/22, 12:25 PM",300
"2/9/22, 2:02 PM",400
"2/24/22, 4:22 PM",500
EOD
set object 1 rect from 1,1 to 2,2
plot $account u (timecolumn(1,myTimeFmt)):2 w lp pt 1 ps 1 lc "red" lw 1 ti "Account"
#plot $weekend1 u (timecolumn(1,myTimeFmt)):2 w lp pt 1 ps 1 lc "grey"


