Google chrome print preview failed

Viewed 1240

I updated to google chrome Version 98.0.4758.102 (Official Build) (64-bit) and I have an aspx, inside an Iframe that loads another aspx where I get the pdf file to base64 string, then send the bytes to a response with other headers, and that response goes to the browser.

Let me know of any information I can add here as I'm deciphering the code myself too and I don't know which issues are common when updating chrome.

It is fair to say that it works on IE, Edge, Firefox, Brave.

1 Answers

Ok, the solution for me was that the PDF is secured via password, and it seems the new update was a security update and you cant preview a password protected pdf anymore. If I remove the password protection it works.

So in order to print it with protection you need to save it and open it via adobe acrobat and print it like that.

Related