When I want to let an authenticated user change their email address I use auth.update(), found here https://supabase.com/docs/reference/javascript/auth-update
I'm using just a magic link auth, btw.
Right now my project is set up for only one email confirmation.
Im using vue 3 with vu-router v4
When I run this function
async handleUpdateUser(newEmail: string) {
try {
const { user, error } = await supabase.auth.update({
email: newEmail,
});
if (error) throw error;
} catch (error) {
console.log(error);
}
},
The onAuthStateChange that I log shows as USER_UPDATED, the users.auth table on the server shows the new stuff, and a new_email prop is seen on the user object in the console
My question is how do I make the new_emial into just email.
the link that is sent to the new email is as so
When I click the link, it redirects to a new window just like it does when an initial sign up happens, but other than that nothing changes.
I found this answer, https://github.com/supabase/supabase/discussions/1763
but I have no idea how to implement that procedure. The only way figured out how to get that token is by an rpc function on the client , but I don't know what to do with that token after I receive it.
Also I might add when I use vue-router, I log the to and from properties of the beforeEach like so
router.beforeEach(async (to, from) => {
console.log("to", to);
console.log("from", from);...
When I load the confirmation link, it doesn't show anything useful like it does when its redirected form the original sign up link.
Any help would greatly be appreciated.
