We are currently pasting our appsettings json into an environment variable for each task definition. I would like to use AWS appconfig to manage the app settings instead. Does a workflow exist for ecs to automatically receive deployed configurations from appconfig without using some other service like lambda?
I've explored different guides and came up with some potential solutions. But none of them fit what I'm looking for.
- Use the AWS SDK. This works but we would like to avoid changing the codebase.
- Use the AWS CLI in the container. We would like to avoid adding anything to the containers.
- Use a lambda function that calls either the AWS SLI or uses the AWS SDK. The lambda function could then redefine the task defintion and dump the json into the environment variable. So we get to use aws appconfig features without changing the container or code. This is what I'm leaning towards if there's no other suggestions.