I'm new to cassandra and gremlin.i am using gremlin to enter and retrive the data from cassandra .i want to take a bakup and restore it on new node.i took a snapshot using nodetool.please help me with some links or documents
I'm new to cassandra and gremlin.i am using gremlin to enter and retrive the data from cassandra .i want to take a bakup and restore it on new node.i took a snapshot using nodetool.please help me with some links or documents
I used the secound approach of this post : How do I replicate a Cassandra's local node for other Cassandra's remote node?
If structure of the tables is the same, you could create two bash's scripts like below:
1. Export the data using these commands:
nodetool flush <your-keyspace-name>
nodetool cleanup <your-keyspace-name>
nodetool -h localhost -p 7199 snapshot <your-keyspace-name>
zip -r /tmp/bkp.zip /var/lib/cassandra/data/<your-keyspace-name>/
sshpass -p <password> scp -v /tmp/bkp.zip root@<ip>:/tmp
2. Import the data:
unzip /tmp/bkp.zip
nodetool cleanup <your-keyspace-name>
cd /var/lib/cassandra/data/<your-keyspace-name>/ && find /var/lib/cassandra/data/<your-keyspace-name>/ -maxdepth 5 -type d -exec sstableloader -v --nodes 127.0.0.1 {} \;
If you note some slow process, please check this another post: Cassandra's sstableloader too slow in import data
Important: You should adapt this informaction to your reallity.