Do I need to add SHA-1 fingerprint in my Firebase project?

Viewed 340

On Firebase there is a popup that shows my project can add fingerprint - SHA1.

As I only want to use some Firebase services like Realtime database, Authentication? Do I need to add a fingerprint to my project ??

The picture shows that SHA-1 is only needed when using some Google Play services like OAuth 2 client (Google-sign, Twitter sign-in, ...)

Fingerprint popup on Firebase

Please help me with this, thank you.

1 Answers

Do I need to add SHA-1 fingerprint in my Firebase project?

It depends on what services you're using because not all services require that. It is a mandatory requirement if you intend to use:

As I only want to use some Firebase services like Realtime database, Authentication? Do I need to add a fingerprint to my project?

For the Realtime Database, it is not a requirement. Regarding Authentication, it depends. If you intend to implement Firebase sign-in with Google, you need to generate that SHA-1 fingerprint certificate.

Related