I have llvm-6.0 and i=I don't know how to download and install llvm-7.0 on Ubuntu 18.04? Can I install it from terminal or I download from a site?
I have llvm-6.0 and i=I don't know how to download and install llvm-7.0 on Ubuntu 18.04? Can I install it from terminal or I download from a site?
There are basically two ways to install LLVM on your Ubuntu 18.04 machine:
Considering your question, it seems you would like to have a binary version of LLVM. Therefore you can install LLVM from your Ubuntu 18.04 terminal as following:
First of all, you should update packages as following:
sudo apt-get updateHowever, for custom LLVM i.e. in your case LLVM 7:
sudo apt-get install -y llvm-7sudo apt-get install -y llvm-7 llvm-7-dev llvm-7-tools clang-7Do you want some LLVM-7 examples?
sudo apt-get -y install llvm-7-examplesDo you want to remove LLVM-6?
sudo apt-get purge llvm-6.0 clang-6.0sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:kxstudio-team/buildsFor default LLVM installation you should run following (not for your case):
sudo apt install llvm
For detail packages please check LLVM Ubuntu nightly packages
However, currently the last version of LLVM is LLVM 13.0. 1. It is better to install the latest version.