I have a java class with a static method that prints a JPanel which implements a custom interface (called MyPrintablePanel).
The problem is, when the print dialog appears (Page setup dialog box), the default paper size is "Letter". I want the default paper size to be A6 so that I don't have to manually choose A6 each time I print.
Here is the code:
package designer.office.utils;
import designer.office.printables.MyPrintablePanel;
import java.awt.Component;
import java.awt.Dimension;
import java.awt.Graphics;
import java.awt.Graphics2D;
import java.awt.print.PageFormat;
import java.awt.print.Paper;
import java.awt.print.Printable;
import java.awt.print.PrinterException;
import java.awt.print.PrinterJob;
import javax.print.attribute.Size2DSyntax;
import javax.print.attribute.standard.MediaSize;
import javax.print.attribute.standard.MediaSizeName;
import javax.swing.JPanel;
/**
* A class to print a JPanel
*/
public class MyPrinter implements Printable {
final MyPrintablePanel comp;
public MyPrinter(MyPrintablePanel comp){
this.comp = comp;
}
public static void printJPanel(MyPrintablePanel jPanel){
PrinterJob pjob = PrinterJob.getPrinterJob();
MediaSize isoA6Size = MediaSize.getMediaSizeForName(MediaSizeName.ISO_A6);
float[] size = isoA6Size.getSize(Size2DSyntax.INCH);
Paper paper = new Paper();
paper.setSize(size[0] * 72.0, size[1] * 72.0);
paper.setImageableArea(0.0, 0.0, size[0] * 72.0, size[1] * 72.0);
PageFormat preformat = new PageFormat();
preformat.setPaper(paper);
PageFormat postformat = pjob.pageDialog(preformat);
//If user does not hit cancel then print.
if (preformat != postformat) {
//Set print component
pjob.setPrintable(new MyPrinter(jPanel), postformat);
if (pjob.printDialog()) {
try {
pjob.print();
} catch (PrinterException ex) {
System.out.println("Failed to print: " + ex.getMessage());
}
}
}
}
@Override
public int print(Graphics g, PageFormat format, int page_index)
throws PrinterException {
if (page_index > this.comp.getNumOfPages() - 1) {
return Printable.NO_SUCH_PAGE;
}
// get the bounds of the component
Dimension dim = comp.getSize();
double cHeight = dim.getHeight()/this.comp.getNumOfPages();
double cWidth = dim.getWidth();
// get the bounds of the printable area
double pHeight = format.getImageableHeight();
double pWidth = format.getImageableWidth();
double pXStart = format.getImageableX();
double pYStart = format.getImageableY();
double xRatio = pWidth / cWidth;
double yRatio = pHeight / cHeight;
Graphics2D g2 = (Graphics2D) g;
g2.translate(pXStart, pYStart - page_index * pHeight);
g2.scale(xRatio, yRatio);
comp.paint(g2);
return Printable.PAGE_EXISTS;
}
}
I'm printing (or rather my client is printing) from a HP Laser Jet Professional P1102 printer with A6 paper in its tray.