I have this dataset where the same person could be in two different columns and so his/her sales records. Is there any way to see their aggregated sales record by person and country using pivot table?
MS Excel 2016
I have this dataset where the same person could be in two different columns and so his/her sales records. Is there any way to see their aggregated sales record by person and country using pivot table?
MS Excel 2016
I think you'd better use Data>Get&Transform or Data>From Table/Range (I am not sure name in excel 2016, I am using 365). This is to bring your table to Power Query and transform it.
The key thing here is to Transform>Unpivot Other Columns (out of Country and City columns), values: Person1, Person2, Person1_sales, Person2_sales to 1 column. Next remove "1" and "2" to make that column includes only 2 values: Person and Person_sales. Then Transform>Pivot that column becomes 2 columns: Person and Person_sales:
let
Source = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="Table1"]}[Content],
#"Unpivoted Other Columns" = Table.UnpivotOtherColumns(Source, {"Country", "City"}, "Attribute", "Value"),
#"Added addedName_temp" = Table.AddColumn(#"Unpivoted Other Columns", "addedName_temp", each [Country]&Text.Middle([Attribute],6,1)),
#"Replace '1'" = Table.ReplaceValue(#"Added addedName_temp","1","",Replacer.ReplaceText,{"Attribute"}),
#"Replace '2'" = Table.ReplaceValue(#"Replace '1'","2","",Replacer.ReplaceText,{"Attribute"}),
#"Pivoted Column" = Table.Pivot(#"Replace '2'", List.Distinct(#"Replace '2'"[Attribute]), "Attribute", "Value"),
#"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Pivoted Column",{"addedName_temp"})
in
#"Removed Columns"
Table after transformed looks like: enter image description here
Here your result in excel pivot: enter image description here
You can still use this query in case you have many pairs of Person and Person_sales. Have fun.