I have an express app:
const express = require('express');
const app = express();
const cors = require('cors');
app.use(cors({ optionsSuccessStatus: 200 }));
app.get('/api/whoami', (req, res) => {
const ipaddress = req.ip;
res.status(200).json({ ipaddress });
});
app.listen(process.env.PORT || 3000);
module.exports = app;
and a test file:
const chai = require('chai');
const chaiHttp = require('chai-http');
const chaiMatch = require('chai-match');
const { describe, it } = require('mocha');
const server = require('../../server');
const should = chai.should();
const { expect } = chai;
chai.use(chaiHttp);
chai.use(chaiMatch);
describe('/GET /api/whoami', () => {
it('should return the IP address', (done) => {
chai.request(server)
.get('/api/whoami')
.end((err, res) => {
res.should.have.status(200);
res.body.should.be.a('object');
res.body.should.have.property('ipaddress');
expect(res.body.ipaddress).should.match(/* very long regex */);
done();
});
});
});
for some reason, I keep geting Uncaught AssertionError: expected Assertion{ __flags: { …(4) } } to match [my very long regex], i didn't find anyone with the same error. How can I get my true ip with express? Or what is the right way to test it?