Error creating EKS cluster - send request failed caused by POST FORBIDDEN

Viewed 763

I am provisioning an "air-gapped" EKS cluster. There is no internet access in the VPC so I have also created the following VPC endpoints: ecr.api, ecr.dkr, ec2, sts, and S3 (gateway).

I have checked that NACL allows traffic from AWS S3 CIDRs and all traffic inside the vpc. The security groups are allowing that traffic as well.

I am provisioning this with Terraform Cloud. The errors received are not very descriptive:

Error creating EKS Cluster: RequestError: send request failed caused by: POST "https://eks.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/clusters": Forbidden

Not sure what is Forbidden in this case. Is it the access to the EKS control plane?

Update: I can deploy the EKS in the AWS console without a problem. That using the same security group, nacl and roles.

1 Answers

You must provide valid AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID and AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY to your Terraform Cloud. These must be associated with valid permissions to perform needed operations to create the cluster.

Related