I am new with Numba. I am trying to accelerate a pretty complicated solver. However, I keep getting an error such as
numba.core.errors.TypingError: Failed in nopython mode pipeline (step: nopython frontend) Untyped global name 'isinstance': Cannot determine Numba type of <class 'builtin_function_or_method'>
I wrote a small example to reproduce the same error:
import numba
import numpy as np
from numba import types
from numpy import zeros_like, isfinite
from numpy.linalg import solve
from numpy.random import uniform
@numba.njit(parallel=True)
def foo(A_, b_, M1=None, M2=None):
x_ = zeros_like(b_)
r = b_ - A_.dot(x_)
flag = 1
if isinstance(M1, types.NoneType): # Error here
y = r
else:
y = solve(M1, r)
if not isfinite(y).any():
flag = 2
if isinstance(M2, types.NoneType):
z = y
else:
z = solve(M2, y)
if not isfinite(z).any():
flag = 2
return z, flag
N = 10
tmp = np.random.rand(N, N)
A = np.dot(tmp, tmp.T)
x = np.zeros((N, 1), dtype=np.float64)
b = np.vstack([uniform(0.0, 1.0) for i in range(N)])
X_1, info = foo(A, b)
Also if I change the decorator to generated_jit() I get the following error:
r = b_ - A_.dot(x_)
AttributeError: 'Array' object has no attribute 'dot'