I recently switched from Vscode which has an incredible debugging experience that I’m used to.
For example, I can start an app locally, place breakpoints and run a curl request and vscode automatically puts you into the debug console where you can interpret your code
I want this workflow in emacs because Im loving everything else that emacs has to offer. However, I have to switch to vscode to actually get work done and have a good debugging experience
My current emacs configuration:
- pipenv-activate works
- projectile works
- lsp enabled
- pyright working and i get autocomplete etc
- restclient
- pytest works
But enabling the built-in debugger in .doom.d/init.el gets me nothing. Trying to M-x toggle breakpoint does nothing and gives me an error in the mini buffer
I’ve tried to configure dap-mode using a few different examples online but none work for me. Does anyone have a similar setup and know how to configure dap-mode with the default doom emacs config structure? Or do you suggest something other than dap mode?