I had this project running on my Mac here under python3. It took a while after doing a 2to3 to update some other bits and pieces to it to finally get it to run. Now though the project fails and all I recall of doing to my mac is: Upgrading the OS Upgrading Xcode and other pieces so that a 'brew install root' would work. Not sure what else it touched but it is like it lost all the modules I had done a pip install on. So i redid a pip install on several modules
astropy matplotlib scipy
now the project fails when I run it:
File "/Users/shathoma/TUI3/TUI/Guide/GuideImage.py", line 26, in <module>
import astropy.io.fits as pyfits
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/astropy/io/fits/__init__.py", line 70, in <module>
from . import convenience
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/astropy/io/fits/convenience.py", line 63, in <module>
from .diff import FITSDiff, HDUDiff
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/astropy/io/fits/diff.py", line 25, in <module>
from .header import Header
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/astropy/io/fits/header.py", line 11, in <module>
from .file import _File
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/astropy/io/fits/file.py", line 29, in <module>
from astropy.utils.compat.optional_deps import HAS_BZ2
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/astropy/utils/compat/__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
from .numpycompat import * # noqa
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/astropy/utils/compat/numpycompat.py", line 14, in <module>
NUMPY_LT_1_19 = not minversion('numpy', '1.19')
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/astropy/utils/decorators.py", line 546, in wrapper
return function(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/astropy/utils/introspection.py", line 167, in minversion
return Version(module_version) >= Version(version)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/packaging/version.py", line 264, in __init__
match = self._regex.search(version)
TypeError: expected string or bytes-like object
I have this project running fine still under a windows machine and the versions of the installed modules like astropy etc are the same. Still fails on the mac with the above error. I could go in and fix packaging/version.py to deal with a self._regex.search(str(version)) which is a bad Idea I know (I tried that and since reverted it gave an error on how version = none somewhere.
it is almost like I am missing a module but nothing knows it? Not sure, and not sure how after working this broke with just probably the brew install command of the root (https://root.cern.ch/) package. Out of ideas what to look for or try next to get this running again?