Android SDK on LINUX arm64 docker

Viewed 348

I recently switched to a M1 MacBook Pro and I am struggling to understand how to re-build part of my dev environment: a Linux Docker image to build Android apps using fastlane.

If I run the amd64 image on Docker via rosetta emulation, it works but it is extremely slow (on the order of 6-10 times slower).

I researched a bit if it is possible to create an arm64 image and found few answers.

  • Here there is some research about it
  • Here there is an old docker image that is supposed to work

But nothing I have tried worked (even if I am able to build the images).

The main problem I have is that the entire Android SDK toolchain is only available for amd64 and even if Debian had at least one platform compiled for arm64, I need to have the last 6-7 platforms installed, so as soon as I add anything with sdkmanager, the new platforms tools installed contain binaries compiled for amd64 that obviously do not work.

Has anyone found a (not too nasty) hack to run the latest Android SDk platforms on arm64?

I am also willing to compile the entire toolchain from source, but I am am not sure which version of the tools for each platform should be built and how to configure the single platforms to use them.

0 Answers
Related