I'm desperately trying to have as default a 3 columns layout in RStudio and can't manage to obtain it.
I tried to find some documentation, but found nothing with some details or explanation on the "panes" parameters of the rstudio-prefs.json file.
In "C:\Users...\AppData\Roaming\RStudio\rstudio-prefs.json", I saw that it is possible to add a source column using "additional_source_columns": 1 but it is automatically set back to 0 every time I restart R and the problem is that it creates an untitled script in addition to the one I'm opening.
Here are the steps I have to perform to obtain the final layout I'm looking for.
Open a script by double clicking on it

Press CTRL + F7 to add a source column

Drag and drop my script to the left column

remove the 'untitled' script

Thank you for your help ! A link to any documentation that you may know of that I didn't find would be life-saving.
Best