Can't set RDS while creating Elastic Beanstalk

Viewed 1004

I'm trying to create a Elastic Beanstalk environment with node.js platform. When I try to add RDS in EB, console is throwing error and I don't know the reason why. If you have any idea, plz leave a comment, thanks.

Configuration validation exception: Invalid option value: '5.6' (Namespace: 'aws:rds:dbinstance', OptionName: 'DBEngineVersion'): Engine Version 5.6 not supported for mysql db

error

2 Answers

You can fix this by running:

$ eb config

The command is going to open a notepad with your configuration settings. Scroll down to the bottom until you see aws:rds:dbinstance add a new setting specifying a newer MySQL version (eg. 8.0) like so:

aws:rds:dbinstance:
  HasCoupledDatabase: 'false'
  DBEngineVersion: '8.0'

Save and close the file. Your EB environment is going to update and you're then going to be able to change RDS settings via EB Console.

For beginners... you should use "eb cli" to use $eb config

and it worked for me, it is great answer. Thanks #duplxey

Something must gone wrong with elastic beanstalk with my

Related