Available data in TradingView's exported chart data file

Viewed 2367

To back-test a trading strategy, I use the replay feature in trading view and mark my trades by adding a "long position" or "short position" from the left panel. Like this:

enter image description here

I need to save the data (chart data including the positions, or any other drawing I have in that layout) as an Excel or a CSV file on my PC.

I know TradinView has export chart data features but does it include all the positions and the drawings or is it just chart data and the indicators?

If that doesn't work, is there any way to get that data? (from tradingview api for example)

2 Answers

It seems like there's only candle and indicator data in the exported file. Nothing related to your positions or drawing.

Here's a sample exported file from BTCUSDT with Ichimoku

enter image description here:

I'm not sure that is what you are looking for but recently I found this GitHub:

https://github.com/Mathieu2301/TradingView-API

That repo is written in JS, but the author provides some examples and the first sentence is:

"Get real-time market prices and indicator values from Tradingview !"

I hope that you found this useful.

Related