Python Flask import Error of module that isn´t being imported

Viewed 3753

I have a flask app running in Google App Engine. Yesterday, I deployed a new version of my app where I only change the HTML style. It deployed as it was supposed to. Today, I realized that I didn't change the title for each corresponding HTML page, so I only changed the title tag in each HTML page. I deployed the app again and now I'm getting this strange error of an Import Error for a module that I have never even used. How can I fix this?

The error:

ImportError: cannot import name 'json' from 'itsdangerous' (/layers/google.python.pip/pip/lib/python3.7/site-packages/itsdangerous/__init__.py)

EDIT FEB 24, 2022:

enter image description here

as you can see, the original folder to python3.7 has been replaced with python3.9

Is this normal in GAE?

4 Answers

This issue on Flask's GitHub is related.

Either update to Flask>2, or if that's not possible pin ItsDangerous<2 and MarkupSafe<2.

To pin to lower versions in a requirements.txt file:

flask==1.1.4
itsdangerous==1.1.0
markupsafe==1.1.1

This is caused by changes in Flask dependencies. Another question about this was asked on ServerFault.

You can either upgrade to Flask>2, or I had to downgrade to itsdangerous==2.0.1 if you can't do that.

I had the same issue today. I was using flask=1.1.2, and when I updated the version to flask==2.0.3, the import issue was resolved.

the deprecation is performed with itsdangerous > 2.0.1.

Related