I have a list of 142 dataframes file_content and a list from id_list <- list(as.character(1:length(file_content)))
I am trying to add a new column period to each data frame in file_content.
All data frames are similar to 2021-03-16 below.
`2021-03-16` <- file_content[[1]] # take a look at 1/142 dataframes in file_content
head(`2021-03-16`)
author_id created_at id tweet
1 3.304380e+09 2018-12-01 22:58:55+00:00 1.069003e+18 @Acosta I hope he didn’t really say “muckâ€\u009d.
2 5.291559e+08 2018-12-01 22:57:31+00:00 1.069003e+18 @Acosta I like Mattis, but why does he only speak this way when Individual-1 isn't around?
3 2.195313e+09 2018-12-01 22:56:41+00:00 1.069002e+18 @Acosta What did Mattis say about the informal conversation between Trump and Putin at the G20?
4 3.704188e+07 2018-12-01 22:56:41+00:00 1.069002e+18 @Acosta Good! Tree huggers be damned!
5 1.068995e+18 2018-12-01 22:56:11+00:00 1.069002e+18 @Acosta @NinerMBA_01
6 9.983321e+17 2018-12-01 22:55:13+00:00 1.069002e+18 @Acosta Really?
I have tried to add the period column using the following code but it adds all 142 values from the id_list to every row in every data frame in file_content.
for (id in length(id_list)) {
file_content <- lapply(file_content, function(x) { x$period <- paste(id_list[id], sep = "_"); x })
}