Spyder debugger unable to step past the first line

Viewed 1554
1    # -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
-->  """
3    Created on Tue Feb 15 20:14:21 2022
4    
5    @author: me
6    """
7    import pandas as pd

I get stuck on line 2. Clicking on "Run Current Line" does nothing. None of the other tools work either. I cannot continue to next breakpoint or anything.

When I click on "Stop Debugging" I get the following message:

--KeyboardInterrupt--
For copying text while debugging, use Ctrl+Shift+C

I'm honestly at a complete loss as to what is going on. I just noticed this today and have no clue how to alleviate this. Does this require me to reinstall Anaconda?

Here are a few versions:

conda 4.11.0
anaconda-client 1.9.0
spyder 5.1.5
python 3.8.12

If you need more versions please let me know.

2 Answers

it is said to be a bug. you need to upgrade to a later version.

I have the same problem. and windows spyder 5.1.5 works while linux spyder 5.1.5 not working.

conda install qtconsole=5.1.1

This solved my issue!

Related