Im trying to follow this article that teaches us how to share localstorage data between domains if you have an iframe embedded.
https://www.internetkatta.com/share-cookies-or-local-storage-data-between-cross-domain
So to try it out, I created two separate projects with its own html files and index files respectively. I then launched both html files in the server using VS Code's live server. I was trying to get http://127.0.0.1:5500/getlocalstorage.html to pass in the user login data to http://127.0.0.1:5501/getlocalstorage.html, however, it returns no data in the localstorage tab and just shows as:

Is there anything I am doing wrong here? I am trying to pass in the dummy login info from localhost:5500 to localhost:5501. Please see my code below:
Localhost 5500's index.html
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<script>
function postCrossDomainMessage(msg) {
var win = document.getElementById("ifr").contentWindow;
win.postMessage(msg, "http://127.0.0.1:5500/");
}
var postMsg = { login: "user" }; // this is just example
postCrossDomainMessage(postMsg);
</script>
<script src="index.js"></script>
<meta charset="UTF-8" />
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
<title>Document</title>
</head>
<body>
<iframe
style="display: none"
src="http://127.0.0.1:5501/getlocalstorage.html"
id="ifr"
></iframe>
<h1>http://127.0.0.1:5500/index.html</h1>
</body>
</html>
Localhost 5501's html file(getlocalstorage.html):
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<script>
var PERMITTED_DOMAIN = "http://127.0.0.1:5500";
/**
* Receiving message from other domain
*/
window.addEventListener("message", function (event) {
if (event.origin === PERMITTED_DOMAIN) {
//var msg = JSON.parse(event.data);
// var msgKey = Object.keys(msg)[0];
if (event.data) {
localStorage.setItem("localstorage", event.data);
} else {
localStorage.removeItem("localstorage");
}
}
});
</script>
<meta charset="UTF-8" />
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
<title>Document</title>
</head>
<body>
<h1>http://127.0.0.1:5501/getlocalstorage.html</h1>
</body>
</html>
New Error that is being shown in console
localhost 5500 console error
Do you see anything that I might have done wrong here? Thanks!
This is in localhost 5500 tab:

And in localhost 5501 localstorage tab:

