What are the equivalent CI commands for Vue projects based on Vite instead of the Vue CLI?

Viewed 394

I created a new Vue project via npm init vue@latest. I used the Vue CLI before and want to get into Vite now. Inside my Github action I used the Vue CLI service commands before but now I'm looking for the equivalent commands using Vite.


Check that the code style is fine (no errors, no warnings)

Inside my workflow I previously used the command

npm run lint -- --no-fix --max-warnings=0

Based on the lint script command

eslint . --ext .vue,.js,.jsx,.cjs,.mjs,.ts,.tsx,.cts,.mts --fix --ignore-path .gitignore

I added the lint:ci script command

eslint . --ext .vue,.js,.jsx,.cjs,.mjs,.ts,.tsx,.cts,.mts --max-warnings 0 --ignore-path .gitignore


Check that unit tests are passing

Inside my workflow I previously used the command

npm run test:unit

Based on the test:unit script command

vitest --environment jsdom

I added the test:unit:ci script command

vitest --environment jsdom --run


Check that e2e tests are passing

Inside my workflow I previously used the command

npm run test:e2e -- --headless

There already is a test:e2e:ci script command and based on the Cypress docs I think I have to use it this way (which worked for me)

  - name: Check if e2e tests are passing
    uses: cypress-io/github-action@v2
    with:
      build: npm run build
      start: npm run test:e2e:ci

Do you have any better solutions? I'm not sure if this is the most elegant way or if Vue/Vite already provide some commands I don't know about yet.

Thanks in advance!

0 Answers
Related