IBM MQ for Apple Silicon

Viewed 1359

Is there a solution to make this docker image https://hub.docker.com/r/ibmcom/mq run on Apple M1 chips? For Intel chips, I was able to run this image by:

docker run -e LICENSE=accept -e MQ_QMGR_NAME=QM1 -p 1414:1414 -p 9443:9443 ibmcom/mq

Is there a custom build or an official IBM plan to create an Apple M1 compatible version of this image?

3 Answers

This has already been requested from IBM, you can view and vote on it here.

The only way I got this to work is to emulate Ubuntu Server with UTM, and install docker and IBMMQ image there. Then you can just connect to the docker container through UTM from your host machine. Not the greatest solution, but atleast a workaround for now.

I don't have an M1 mac, so I can't test it but according to this, it says you can try adding --platform linux/amd64.

If that doesn't work then you'll have to build your own (you can base it off the Dockerfile they provided in their GitHub repo. The ones from the official Dockerhub only supports amd64 and s390x architectures.

Related