I have trouble setting up type hints for my JavaScript code using JSDoc (trying to make this work with VSCode and WebStorm).
As first step, I converted GraphQL schema into set of JSDoc @typedef entries using @graphql-codegen/cli. For the sake of this conversation, lets talk about this one:
// schema.js
/**
* @typedef {Object} Country
* @property {string} code
* @property {string} name
*/
Then, somewhere in my App.js I tried writing:
// App.js
const GET_COUNTRIES = gql`
query GetCountries {
countries {
code
name
}
}
`;
/**
* @typedef {import("./schema").Country} Country
* @typedef {import("@apollo/client").QueryResult} QueryResult
* @returns {QueryResult<Country>}
*/
const useGetCountries = () => {
return useQuery(GET_COUNTRIES);
};
However, it looks like the type definitions from schema.js are being ignored (both App.js and schema.js are in the same directory).
My question is this: is it possible to setup something like this - have IDE pickup JSDoc type definitions and provide type hints? If the answer is YES, how would I go around settings this up?
I've created a simple repro on CodeSandbox at https://codesandbox.io/s/graphql-type-hints-n1vh0