I wanted to try mobx for react state management, however, I can't get this to work. I have this simple store for storing just a number called counter. You can increment/decrement it, and increse it by x. I have this file store.js for storing the state:
import { action, makeObservable, observable } from "mobx";
class CounterStore {
counter = 0;
constructor() {
makeObservable(this, {
counter: observable,
increment: action,
decrement: action,
increase: action
});
}
increment() {
this.counter++;
}
decrement() {
this.counter--;
}
increase(value) {
this.counter = this.counter + value;
}
}
const store = new CounterStore();
export default store;
And then I have this component named Counter inside Counter.js, which executes the methods like increment and decrement for the store
import { useRef } from "react";
import classes from './Counter.module.css'
import store from "../store";
function Counter() {
const numberInput = useRef();
const increaseHandler = (event) => {
event.preventDefault();
if (numberInput.current.value === ''){
return;
}
store.increase(parseInt(numberInput.current.value))
};
return (
<div>
<div className={classes.counter}>{store.counter}</div>
<div className={classes.row}>
<button className={classes.btn} onClick={store.increment}>Increment</button>
<button className={classes.btn} onClick={store.decrement}>Decrement</button>
</div>
<form className={classes.row} onSubmit={increaseHandler}>
<button className={classes.btn}>Increase by x</button>
<input className={classes.input} required="true " type="number" ref={numberInput} />
</form>
</div>
);
}
export default Counter;
But when i press the button, I always get
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'counter') at increment
How can the counter possibly be undefined? I already export the instantiated store.