I'm trying to do my first attachment/ detachment. I'm using two tables, user, event, and its pivot, event_user. For this one, I needed to do a button to subscribe the user to an event, so my teacher told me to use an and route it to the method subscribe. At this moment, the error that comes up is.
Route [subscribe] not defined.
Blade
<a href="{{ route('subscribe', $event->event_id) }}"
class="btn btn-primary btn-lg">Subscribe</a>
Route
Route::get('/subscribe', [SubscribeController::class, 'index']);
SubscribeController
public function index($id)
{
$user = Auth::user();
$user->events->attach($id);
return view('index');
}
I tried putting URL instead of the route in the , and it goes to /subscribe, but comes to an error that says -> Too few arguments to function 0 passed and exactly 1 expected.
I did a dd() in the component to see if the event id was the correct one, and it was. Also, apart from these errors, how can I route a method without changing the route? Can I do it using the indexController (because it's in the index where these events are located)?