In Python you can simply use graph.select() (atleast when reading the documentation: https://igraph.org/python/doc/api/igraph.VertexSeq.html) to select a vertex based on a value. I have a huge graph connecting movies that share an actor. However I would simply like to select one vertex from that graph and then plot it with its direct neighbors. I'm running into issues when I want to select just that single vertex.
I had hoped something like worked
graph.movies.select('Snatch (2000)')
But no luck.
Another approach I took was grabbing the single Snatch vertex by filtering all others out and then adding the edges.
snatch.graph <- induced.subgraph(g.movies, vids=V(g.movies)$name == 'Snatch (2000)')
snatch.edges <- edges(g.movies, "Snatch (2000)")
add_edges(snatch.graph, snatch.edges$edges)
However this returns an empty graph with only the snatch vertex.
My goal is to grab the Snatch vertex and plot this vertex, its DIRECT neighbors and the edges amomng them. Any suggestions? Thanks alot :D Been stuck o nthis for a quite a while -.-
