I have a (private) repository at GitHub with my project and integrated GitHub-actions which is building a docker-image and pushing it directly to GHCR.
But I have a problem with storing and passing secrets to my build image. I have the following structure in my project:
.git (gitignored)
.env (gitignored)
config (gitignored) / config files (jsons)
src (git) / other folders and files
As you may see, I have .env file and config folder. Both of them store data or files, which are not in the repo but are required to be in the built environment.
So I'd like to ask, is there any option not to pass all these files to my main remote repo (even if it's private) but to link them during the build stage within the github-actions?
It's not a problem to publish env & configs somewhere else, privately, in another separate private remote-repo. The point is not to push these files to the main-private-repo, because RBAC logic doesn't allow me to restrict access to the selected files.
P.S. Any other advice of using GitLab CI or BitBucket, if you know how to solve the problem is also appreciated. Don't be shy to share it!
