TypeScript VSCode global imports don't work

Viewed 126

I need to use the js file system in my TypeScript project (and others too). For that reason I wrote at the top of my file as I read multiple times online:

import * as fs from 'fs';

But this gives me now this error:

Cannot find module 'fs' or its corresponding type declarations.ts(2307)

I read online that I need to specifiy this in my tsconfig.json so I added this:

{
  "other functioning": "configs",
  "include": ["C:/Users/Flori/node_modules/@types/node"]
}

but that didn't work even though in this folder is actually a file called fs.d.ts...

"C:/Users/Flori/node_modules/@types/node/*.d.ts" didn't work either

aswell as "node_modules/@types/node/*.d.ts"

or "node_modules/@types/node/**.*"...

My code does compile actually if I type // @ts-nocheck at the top, and I can use fs.readFile() with expected results.

(I tried "moduleResolution": "node" in the compilerOptions of tsconfig too, but it didn't fix the issue.)

(npm install @types/node --save-dev is not an option, as I dont want the node folder, which is bad with github and other dependencies)

0 Answers
Related