how to access currently lasso or selected points in Plotly in JavaScript

Viewed 365

I am making a lasso select or box select tool of this 96 grid

enter image description here

I want to be able to access the currently highlighted wells in Retool via customComponent.model.selectedPoints

The current plotly code is:

<style>
  body {
    margin: 0;
  }
</style>
<script src="https://cdn.tryretool.com/js/react.production.min.js" crossorigin></script>
<script src="https://cdn.tryretool.com/js/react-dom.production.min.js" crossorigin></script>

<script src="   https://cdn.plot.ly/plotly-latest.min.js"></script>
<script src="https://unpkg.com/react-plotly.js@latest/dist/create-plotly-component.js"></script>
<script src="https://unpkg.com/babel-standalone@6/babel.min.js"></script>
<script src="https://unpkg.com/@material-ui/core/umd/material-ui.production.min.js"></script>
<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/underscore.js/1.9.1/underscore-min.js"></script>

<div id="react" />
<script type="text/babel">
    const Plot = createPlotlyComponent.default(Plotly);
  console.log(Plot);
  

  const MyCustomComponent = ({ triggerQuery, model, modelUpdate }) => (
      <Plot
        data={[
          {
            x: model.plotData.x,
            y: model.plotData.y,
            text: model.plotData.well,
            hoverinfo: 'text',
            mode: 'markers',
            type: 'scatter',
            marker: {color: 'blue', size: 20, opacity: 0.7},
          }
        ]}
        onClick={(v) => {
                    modelUpdate({ clickedPoint: v.points.map(p => ({ x: p.x, y: p.y, well: p.text })) })
        }}
        layout={ {title: 'Well Selector', 
        xaxis: {showgrid: false,
    zeroline: false,
    showline: false,
        side: 'top',
      fixedrange: true,
      tickvals:[1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12],
                ticktext: [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12]},
        yaxis: {showgrid: false,
    zeroline: false,
    showline: false,
      fixedrange: true,
      tickvals:[1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8],
                ticktext: ['H','G','F','E','D','C','B','A']} } }
        style={ {width: "100%", height: "100%"} }
      />
  );

  const ConnectedComponent = Retool.connectReactComponent(MyCustomComponent);
  ReactDOM.render(<ConnectedComponent />, document.getElementById("react"));
</script>

You can see it partially working below but it only shows the selectedPoints which is based on onClick (it only returns a single point at the moment because of the .map method), specifically I need to edit line somehow

onClick={(v) => {
    modelUpdate({ clickedPoint: v.points.map(p => ({ x: p.x, y: p.y, well: p.text })) })
        }}

... to the right JS syntax to return all the highlighted objects (either by lasso or box select from the Plotly model but I don't know what the variable/syntax is).

Essentially something like this:

onSelected={(v) => { 
                    modelUpdate({ selectedPoints: v.points.text })
        }}

My understanding is that there is a Plotly scatter selectedPoints objects, but I'm unsure how to access that in the JS above to add that object to the model.

enter image description here

Update

I simply added

onSelected={(v) => { 
                    modelUpdate({ selectedPoints: v.points.map(p => p.text) })
        }

Now I can access selectedPoints in the component.model.selectedPoints only trouble is the lasso highlight colour doesn’t persist as soon as I unclick the lasso and I have to click lasso every time (I think I’m overwriting the onSelected function plotly uses internally)

0 Answers
Related