I am running a gitlab-ce instance where we solve access level on group level by sharing groups with user groups. An example:
There is a group products with a couple of projects in there. No user is directly added as member to that group. There is another group called developers. Product developers are added to developers with maintainer access.
The group products is shared with developers with a maximum role of maintainer.
With that I would assume, that I can transfer a project that I am owner of to group products. However, the list of groups I can transfer my project to only contains groups where I am a direct member with the maintainer role.
TLDR:
- Group
productsis shared with groupdeveloperswith max role maintainer - User Bob is member of
developerswith the maintainer role - Bob is owner of project
bobs_project - Bob cannot transfer
bobs_projecttoproducts(but he could transfer it todevelopers)
From my understanding of the relevant documentation Bob should have the same rights in products as someone directly added as maintainer to products. However, that seems not to be the case.
Am I missing something?