Trying to automate working process with the tables in MySQL using for-loop
from mysql.connector import connect, Error
def main():
try:
with connect(host="host", user="user",password="password") as connection:
connection.autocommit = True
no_pk_tables_query = """
select tab.table_schema as database_name,
tab.table_name
from information_schema.tables tab
left join information_schema.table_constraints tco
on tab.table_schema = tco.table_schema
and tab.table_name = tco.table_name
and tco.constraint_type = 'PRIMARY KEY'
where tco.constraint_type is null
and tab.table_schema not in('mysql', 'information_schema',
'performance_schema', 'sys')
and tab.table_type = 'BASE TABLE'
order by tab.table_schema,
tab.table_name;
"""
tables_to_cure = []
with connection.cursor() as cursor:
cursor.execute(no_pk_tables_query)
for table in cursor:
tables_to_cure.append(table[1])
print(table[1])
for s_table in tables_to_cure:
cure = """
USE mission_impossible;
ALTER TABLE `{}` MODIFY `ID` int(18) NOT NULL auto_increment PRIMARY KEY;
""".format(s_table)
cursor.execute(cure)
print("Cured {}".format(s_table))
except Error as e:
print(e)
finally:
print("End")
main()
And I get:
quote 2014 (HY000): Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now
If I add connection.commit() inside the for-loop after cursor.execute() I'll get:
_mysql_connector.MySQLInterfaceError: Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now
Does this mean that I'll have to use new connections inside loop instead of cursor?
I've looked it up and found some methods like fetchall() and nextset() but they seem to do other things than simply refreshing current cursor data.
Using connection.autocommit = True seem not to work either as the same error occurs.
Using something like sleep() also doesn't help.
What am I doing wrong here?
Edit
Getting rid of try/except didn't help:
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/mysql/connector/connection_cext.py", line 523, in cmd_query
self._cmysql.query(query,
_mysql_connector.MySQLInterfaceError: Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now
During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "db.py", line 40, in <module>
main()
File "db.py", line 36, in main
cursor.execute(cure)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/mysql/connector/cursor_cext.py", line 269, in execute
result = self._cnx.cmd_query(stmt, raw=self._raw,
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/mysql/connector/connection_cext.py", line 528, in cmd_query
raise errors.get_mysql_exception(exc.errno, msg=exc.msg,
mysql.connector.errors.DatabaseError: 2014 (HY000): Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now
Fixed:
Seems like I've finally figured it out, it's needed to get results from the cursor using fetchall() instead of directly addressing the cursor as an iterator.
with connection.cursor() as cursor:
cursor.execute(no_pk_tables_query)
rows = cursor.fetchall()
with connection.cursor() as cursor:
for table in rows:
try:
print(table[1])
cure = """
ALTER TABLE `{}` MODIFY `ID` int(18) NOT NULL auto_increment PRIMARY KEY;
""".format(table[1])
cursor.execute(cure)
res = cursor.fetchall()
print(res)
except Error as e:
print(e)
Thx everybody