I have a AST2600 evb board. After power on (w/ RJ45 connected), it boots into a OpenBMC kernel. From serial port, using ip command I can obtain its IP address. From my laptop, I can ssh into the board using account root/0penBmc:
bruin@gen81:/$ ssh root@192.168.6.132
root@192.168.6.132's password:
Then I want to find out which tcp ports are open. As there is no ss/lsof/netstat utilities, I cat /proc/net/tcp:
root@AMIfa7ba648f62e:/proc/net# cat /proc/net/tcp
sl local_address rem_address st tx_queue rx_queue tr tm->when retrnsmt uid timeout inode
0: 00000000:14EB 00000000:0000 0A 00000000:00000000 00:00000000 00000000 997 0 9565 1 0c202562 100 0 0 10 0
1: 3500007F:0035 00000000:0000 0A 00000000:00000000 00:00000000 00000000 997 0 9571 1 963c8114 100 0 0 10 0
The strange thing puzzled me is that that tcp port 22 is not listed in /proc/net/tcp, which suggests that no process is listening on tcp port 22. If this is true, how the ssh connection is established?
Btw, as tested using ps, it's the dropbear process who is handling the ssh connection, and the dropbear is spawned dynamically (i.e., if no ssh connection, no such process exist; if I made two ssh connection, two dropbear processes were spawned).
PS: as suggested by John in his reply, I added the ss utilities into the image, and it shows what I expected:
root@AMI8287361b9c6f:~# ss -antp
State Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address:Port Peer Address:Port
LISTEN 0 0 0.0.0.0:5355 0.0.0.0:* users:(("systemd-resolve",pid=239,fd=12))
LISTEN 0 0 127.0.0.1:5900 0.0.0.0:* users:(("obmc-ikvm",pid=314,fd=5))
LISTEN 0 0 127.0.0.53:53 0.0.0.0:* users:(("systemd-resolve",pid=239,fd=17))
LISTEN 0 0 *:443 *:* users:(("bmcweb",pid=325,fd=3),("systemd",pid=1,fd=41))
LISTEN 0 0 *:5355 *:* users:(("systemd-resolve",pid=239,fd=14))
LISTEN 0 0 *:5900 *:* users:(("obmc-ikvm",pid=314,fd=6))
LISTEN 0 0 *:22 *:* users:(("systemd",pid=1,fd=49))
LISTEN 0 0 *:2200 *:* users:(("systemd",pid=1,fd=50))
ESTAB 0 0 [::ffff:192.168.6.89]:22 [::ffff:192.168.6.98]:34906 users:(("dropbear",pid=485,fd=2),("dropbear",pid=485,fd=1),("dropbear",pid=485,fd=0),("systemd",pid=1,fd=20))