I have a Many-to-Many table that I need to migrate. The old Many-To-Many table has two INT columns that are the primary keys of the related tables. The new Many-To-Many table has two GUID columns that are the primary keys of the related tables. The GUID column names are StreetId and StreetCategoryId.
I am having an issue with the StreetId GUID column. This column references the Street table, which has the following columns: GUID StreetId, NVARCHAR Street and GUID DrawingId. The old Street table has the same columns, except StreetId and DrawingId are of INT type.
I am trying to migrate the Many-to-Many table using an SSIS Data Flow. The logic is as follows: 1. OLE DB Source that uses the old Many-to-Many StreetCategory_Streets table. 2. Lookup that uses the old Streets table. StreetCategory_Streets.StreetId is linked to Streets.StreetId. Lookup Match Output. 3. Lookup that uses the new Streets table. This is where the challenge arises. What Available Input Column(s) can I use to link to Available Lookup Column(s)? I cannot use StreetCategory_Streets.StreetId because it is of INT type and the Streets.StreetId in the new table is of GUID type.
When I try to migrate the data from the old Many-To-Many table to the new Many-To-Many table, I receive an error message regarding a duplicate record. The reason is that the Street and DrawingId columns can have duplicate values. Only StreetId is unique. However, I cannot link it to the old StreetId column due to INT vs. GUID. How can I migrate this data?