I started to write some tests for my application and I have issues to read/get response from the server. I tried many things but nothing really worked, can someone help me please ?
// /api/checkCreds
exports.checkCreds = async function(req, res){
//validation
if(!await User.checkCreds(req.body.username, req.body.password)){
var result = {error: true, data: "Incorrect"}
res.sendStatus = 401;
return res.send(JSON.stringify(result));
}
If credentials sent to the server aren't matching, return a response with "Incorrect" message back to the user. In the test I'm trying to get data from the server to check if properties are matching the expected output.
//test.js
it("We should fail with HTTP code 401 because incorrect data is passed (username='incorrect' password='incorrect')", function(done){
supertest(app)
.post('/api/checkCreds')
.send({username: 'incorrect', password: 'incorrect'})
.expect({error: true, data: "Incorrect"})
.expect(401, done);
});
When ran, test fails because expected properties are different from the response sent by the server, which is an empty object {}.
Any help is appreciated.
